Saturday, February 9, 2013

Off the Topic: Pinterest Savvy Book Review

A new book by Melissa from Imagination Soup came out this week! Pinterest Savvy: How I Got 1 Million+ Followers goes through the process of signing up for Pinterest, creating a profile, what to pin and how to pin it, tips for making your profile appealing, and ideas for using Pinterest as a free marketing tool for your business.

Much of the information in this book is very basic and can be gleaned elsewhere. She even says this in the beginning of her book. She has compiled everything you need to know into one great resource book.

The book is fairly short. I was reading the Kindle version and whipped through it quickly in one evening. I have been on Pinterest for over a year now so I feel like I knew quite a bit of the information already. But I think even if you are an addicted Pinterest user like me, you can still pick up some productive tips and advice. Some of my favorites....

1) Make sure you fill out your profile COMPLETELY. I had simply put my name at the top of my profile. I hadn't linked to my blog directly in my profile description or said anything about it. (DUH!--I should have done this before!) The only issue I had is getting my website verified, but that is just because I'm not tech savvy when it comes to the webmaster level of having a website.

2) The second thing that really stood out to me is making sure to click through to the people who repin your pins. Find great pinners and repin their material. And make comments/likes on other people's pins to hopefully interest them enough to come to your page and start following you too! I definitely could do more of this.

3) Make your photos attractive. This I already do. As a part-time photographer I try to only post my own photos that I feel are interesting or grab people's attention. I think this is a great tip for beginner Pinterest users.

4) Organize your boards in an attractive manner. I have my boards arranged with the art boards first, any kid-related boards second and all my random (just for me) boards are at the bottom. I also choose a cover photo for each board that is eye-catching and appealing.

Those are just a few of the great tips and ideas she offers. If you're a beginner when it comes to Pinterest or just interested in using the website to its fullest potential Melissa's book is definitely worth checking out! Click HERE to read more about her book!

And if you don't already follow me on Pinterest. CLICK ON OVER AND FOLLOW ALL MY PINS HERE! ;-)

(Source disclosure: I received a copy of this e-book through a free 24 hour promotion the day the book came out. I receive no compensation for writing this review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment