Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thank YOU to our blog followers!

I started this little blog out mainly to keep a record of all the fun projects I do with my kids. I had this idea that maybe someone out there somewhere might be interested in what we were doing and be inspired by it. I shared it with my friends and family and it had a fairly meager readership. Then, I discovered Pinterest. And not only did finding and discovering project ideas become easier thanks to all the pins out there in the world, but most surprising to me, people were really pretty interested in what we posted. And they pinned it and repinned it. And I pinned things that weren't ours but that I found relevant, or future project ideas. And those got repinned. And here we are today. This tiny little blog now has over 300,000 page views and I have over 2,500 followers on Pinterest. This is all so amazing to me. And I'm excited and humbled by this whole experience.

And just in the last week, one of our projects was featured on the Fun Family Crafts website.
The Chihuly-inspired sculpture was one of my all-time favorites! I love that it still gets reposted and people are still enjoying it!

Our blog was also listed #7 out of 25 in a list of Craft Blogs for Tween Girls on a website called Fashion Playtes.

And now, to top off the week! I saw a tweet on the DecoArt twitter feed that their new catalog is available for download. Our painted wine glass project was featured on one of the pages. Another one of my all-time favorite projects! Check it out:
They even gave my daughters credit too! How cool is that?!

I know it probably sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, and maybe I am a little bit. But really, I'm just proud that the fun and the work my girls and I put into our projects is being recognized by other people. I think that what we do is pretty cool. But it's really pretty neat for my 8 and 10 year old daughters to be able to see that their projects are respected! And that other people think the projects are as cool as we think they are! What a confidence booster for them!

So I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! Thank you for checking in on our projects. Thank you for finding them interesting. Thank you for "pinning" and "liking" and "tweeting". Thank you for commenting and participating in craft discussions. And thank you for helping me show my girls that even though you're young, you can create beautiful and amazing things! And you can carry that creativity through your life!

2 comments:

  1. Toot that horn Holly!! You and your girls are able to create amazing things and have fun doing it. It's inspiring for those of us who may be less gifted in the craft department...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love your blog!!! We are homeschoolers and I get ideas for Art class often from here!!!

    ReplyDelete